University Of Akron: Akron, OH; special Polymer courses 1979
Purdue University: West Lafayette, IN; Ph.D. 1964
Butler University: Indianapolis, IN; MS Organic Chemistry 1959
Oklahoma University: Norman, OK; BS Chemistry 1955
- 1983-2009 R&D Fellow (lead scientific investigator) Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, Akron, OH.
- 1979 (on loan to the Kuwaiti Government from the Firestone Tire & Rubber Co). Established a polymer program at the Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research (KISR); Established a polymer program at Kuwait University; Established and staffed the first Corrosion Laboratory in Gulf region which served Industries in the region in collaboration with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Senior Research Associate (lead scientific investigator) Firestone Tire & Rubber Co. following positions as Research Associate and Group Leader in materials investigation and development.
- 1990-2008 Guest Lecturer: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA; Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN; Case-Western Reserve University, Cleveland OH; University of Akron, Akron, OH; University of Minnesota, University of Wisconsin, Jordan University. Plenary speaker at International Rubber conferences in India, Japan, France and Germany; Presentations at Universities in France, China, India, and Germany.
- Established the first facilities in Kuwait for the use of sulfur in asphalt road applications.
- Director (simultaneously) of Petroleum, Petro-Chemical, and Material Science Departments at KISR with a total budget of 20 million KD ($80 mm USD); funded 30% of institute budget through personal interaction with Kuwaiti Industrial concerns (e.g. Kuwait Petro-Chemical Col, Kuwait Oil Co).
- Arranged and chaired the First Arab Sulfur conference in the Middle East, Kuwait City, 1982, and the first United Nations Conference on Thermoplastic Elastomers, Amman, Jordan in 1983.
- 1998, 2000, 2005 Goodyear Inventor of the Year awards.
- 2004 Purdue distinguished Alumni Award; Science Department, Purdue University.
- 2004 Purdue University Dept of Chemistry, visiting lecturer 2004.
- 1997 Awarded Charles Goodyear Medal by the American Chemical Society Rubber Division
- 1988 Intellectual Property Award; Intellectual Property Institute, Washington DC for the discovery of SIBRFLES, the elastomer used in the original Goodyear Aqua Tred tire.
- 1983 awarded the Kuwait Foundation Grant for contributions to Kuwait Industries.
- Elected Chairman of the American Chemical Society, Akron Section.
- 1983 Kuwait University Department of Chemistry; Lecture on Polymer properties
- 185 US Patents assigned to the Firestone Tire & Rubber Co.
- 150 US Patents assigned to the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.